Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stop Stuffing Your Stuff!

This blog comes from a new time in my life. I have been given a wake up call from my doctor. I just found out that my thyroid levels are off, thus causing all kinds of problems with my body. Fortunately the doctors can give meds for this to bring my thyroid back into shape.  I am having pain in the location of my gall bladder. I had an ultrasound done on it and they found no gallstones, but are referring me to a  G I doctor...Gastrointestinal doctor. They now want  to look further into the gall bladder to see if there may be bile in this organ or anything else. In order to do this, they may be doing a nuclear test. Shoot by the time they get through with me I may glow in the dark. Perhaps a possible way to make money to pay for my portion of the bill. Then there is dental work that has to be done and my gyno has found a cyst on my ovary and I have cervical issues. I tell people that the warranty on my body has expired and I now am falling apart.

Now let's explore what I believe has contributed, if not completely caused these medical issues. That would be STRESS. One might ask "Do you mean stress can cause all of these problems?" You bet your booty it can. I was reading an online article about stress, let me share a bit of it with you.


Effects of chronic stress

The body doesn’t distinguish between physical and psychological threats. When you’re stressed over a busy schedule, an argument with a friend, a traffic jam, or a mountain of bills, your body reacts just as strongly as if you were facing a life-or-death situation. If you have a lot of responsibilities and worries, your emergency stress response may be “on” most of the time. The more your body’s stress system is activated, the easier it is to trip and the harder it is to shut off.

Long-term exposure to stress can lead to serious health problems. Chronic stress disrupts nearly every system in your body. It can raise blood pressure, suppress the immune system, increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, contribute to infertility, and speed up the aging process. Long-term stress can even rewire the brain, leaving you more vulnerable to anxiety and depression.

Many health problems are caused or exacerbated by stress, including:

Pain of any kind

Heart disease


Digestive problems


Sleep problems


Depression


Obesity


Autoimmune diseases


Skin conditions, such as eczema

Borrowed from Helpguide.org


Now let me share what I believe, in my case, was the cause of most of my stress and the reason for the title of this blog. It is what I like to call  "STUFFING".  I do not mean the food type, although enough of that can cause problems of its own. My idea of stuffing is when I have faced problems, specifically those of a human kind and instead of confronting the situation with the human...I would pretend it wasn't that bad, blow it off and go on.....In other words stuffing down the problem . This went on for years...I ended up divorced after sixteen years of marriage, having a nervous breakdown thus causing me to act and behave in ways I never believed I would. I became a very angry nervous person. I did not like myself.  Now I find my body falling apart.

I am sharing these things with you in hopes after reading this, if you have not done so already,  you will take control of your life. You do not have to be afraid of confrontation. Confronting someone or something can be done in love and can be the most liberating and freeing thing to happen to you. I choose to ask Creator God for guidance everyday. I have asked him to bring the right people into my path that would began to speak life to me....to encourage me, and he has not failed me there. I continue to look forward to  becoming healthy mentally, physically and spiritually. One of my favorite scriptures is "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" Oh yes I can! 

My friend do not stuff your problems, push your problems aside and pretend they do not exist. Only trouble can come from this. I encourage you to run to Father God and ask him for guidance. He is a faithful friend and will begin to open your eyes and show you the areas of your life that need to be addressed. I can not promise you that it will not be painful, but I can tell you that if you will listen, God will get you through these things and this time in your life. You will come out better on the other side.

1 comment: