Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Letting It Go! (What I Chose To Do With This Anger)



















OK what is on my mind today....I think that it is probably what is on the mind of pretty much the rest of the nation, The case of Casey Anthony. I believe it will be one of those cases that years from now when someone ask you, you could probably remember your exact location when you heard the verdict. I can tell you that when the verdict (not guilty) was announced yesterday (July 6th, 2011), it made my blood boil. According to my facebook friends, their blood was boiling as well.

Now let's address the anger that everyone is feeling. I can only speak for myself, but my anger came from feeling that there was no justice done for this beautiful two year old little girl that died. Here a mother, young but still a mother's little girl is missing for approximately thirty days. There is no report to the police of the child missing and this young mother is out partying her tail off. Hmmm something doesn't seem right about that. To add insult to injury, when ask where there child is by her mom, dad, police....she continually lies. Now based on all of this information, one might be led to believe that this young mom had something to do with this child's disappearance and then when the body was finally discovered....her death as well. I listened to the news like everyone else, and so much of what was reported seemed to all point to Casey causing this death. So now one can see why I like everyone else was so angry when the verdict in this case against Casey Anthony came back "not guilty". She was found not guilty on all counts except four of which were lying to the police.

My first reaction was what were the people (the jurors) thinking. I thought what idiots. After I have had a day to listen to somethings that have been brought out now that the trial is over, I can see why the jurors did what they did. I am still not happy about the outcome, but I can let the jury off the hook. They had little physical evidence to work with. The prosecutors did not bring much to the table, but circumstantial evidence. They (the jury) were told that if they came back with a guilty verdict (the death penalty) that it had to be beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense team seemed to tear the prosecutions presentation apart. The defense was right, there was no physical evidence linking Casey Anthony to the crime. Without said evidence the prosecution did not have much of a case. They could prove that Casey was a habitual liar, a bad mother and just did not seem to care what had happened to her daughter. Given all of these things I can now see why the jury came back with the verdict they did.

Now what do I do with this anger I am feeling. As a christian, I began to pray. My prayer was "Father God help me let this anger go. I give it to you. You are the great vindicator and you will take care of it all." I know that this little girl is in heaven where there is no pain, no sorrow and no family drama and that is why I choose to let it rest at the feet of my heavenly Father. I, as well as the rest of the nation will never forget this beautiful little girl, Kaylie Marie Anthony, but I can just imagine her running through a field of daisies and chasing butterflies in heaven.

Thank you Father God for taking care of all things!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment