Monday, May 23, 2011

Everyone has a story

I began reading a book by Kathie Lee Gifford about three weeks ago and I just finished it. I love it. Anyone that has looked at my facebook page could probebly tell that. I have posted two notes that consist of pieces from this book. It has truely touched my life. She is very open about her life and things she has been through and sometimes uses humor to share her stories.

One of the things that she shares in her book is about a series that she does on the Today Show called "Everyone Has a Story". In this series she and a man by the name of David Friedman write a song together. Well these songs are no ordinary songs, they are written for everyday ordinary people that have usually been through some type of tradgedy in their lives. Everytime I watch this series I cry. Here are the words to one of the songs....


EVERYONE HAS A STORY

Everyone has a story
Differant as night and day
And everyone has their own journey
Some follow their path, some wander away

But everyone has a moment
That changes their life, and then
It's suddenly clear in that moment
That nothing will ever be the same again

Careful the plans we make
Careful the roads we take
Careful the hearts we break
Along the way

Careful the things embraced
Careful the time we waste
Careful the dreams we taste
And toss away

Everyone has a purpose
Differant as day and night
And everyone finds their own answer
Some blinded by fear, some guided by light

Yes, everyone has a story
A beginning, a middle, and end
But if there's a God in the heavens above
And if there's such a thing as a thing called love
Then there must be a way for anyone's heart to mend

Careful the chance we take
Careful the choice we make
Careful, for heaven's sake
The road we take.....
Everyone has a story



My prayer.... Heavenly Father, when I am tempted to look at others and pass judgement, please help me remember "Everyone Has a Story" !

No comments:

Post a Comment