Monday, September 14, 2009

Homelessness....What does it look like??

This is a hard topic for me to address. Why you might ask.....Because I find myself at this time in my life, well homeless......When I was in my twenties, if someone would have told me that at age forty-six I would be divorced, no home, no job......I would have laughed at them.....No not me.....I am a christian and that is just not going to happen.....Well guess what folks? .....Christian or not it does happen......Life happens.....What happened that would make me want to blog about this....I saw an interview recently with a twenty something year old on The Today Show.....basically showing the new face of homelessness.....she says that not all homeless people are addicted to drugs or alcohol, some have cell phones, access to computers and live in their cars.....It's scary but it happens and with the job market the way it is today well their are lots of people either homeless or on the verge......In my case I sleep on couches... Thank God for couches and the people that allow me to sleep on them.......Now I am not sharing this so that people will feel sorry for me, I am sharing it to say whatever picture the word homeless may have conjured in your head in the past, well you might just get rid of it.....look into my face and see homeless.....no not addicted to drugs or alcohol and have never been, and staying on differant peoples couches, but still do not have a home......

Like the girl in the article, I am a hopeful and positive person and do believe that everything will be ok.....but God forgive me for judgement in the past.....

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Donna... I really don't think people know just how close they can be in finding themselves "homeless". I have a job, Praise God, however, like many I'm sure, Pay stays the same and everything else keeps going up in pricing including rent. Kids come home (with babies in some cases) to add to the pocket book, sudden medical bills (3 in one year) that you can't pay in a manner and amount they want which leads to bad credit & to add on top of that, no one will hire you for even a part time job because of your credit in fear that you will steal from them... I'm sure the list goes on... Keep looking up and meditating on the Word which gives us ALL we need while in the waiting and doing!!! God will work all things out for good!! Much suddenly Blessing to you and yours. Remember... I'm praying... In Christ Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete